You can automatically track time for Cases/Opportunities or any other Objects in Salesforce. The special feature allows the Salesforce user to track time for an object from the view page/screen.
To enable this feature, please link the TT User with Salesforce User in the TT User table, click here to know more. Track Time within Salesforce works only if the TT User is linked with their Salesforce User ID.
This feature is usable in Mobile Time Tracker version 1.52 onward. If you are on a lower edition of the Time Tracker, please upgrade the Mobile Time Tracker app to the latest version from the AppExchange.
Once you have the correct version of the Mobile Time Tracker app, please follow the instructions below for enabling automatic time tracking for any object that you want to such as, Opportunity/Project/Case/Account, etc.,
I have selected Project as an example
Add the Track Time component to the Project Page.
- To add a lightning component to project, go to the Projects Tab
- Click on any Project (name) from the Projects list. The automatic time tracking can be enabled only from the view page for Mobile Time Tracker
- From Project view, click the Settings button (the gear icon) on the top right-hand side of the Salesforce screen
- Click edit page from the dropdown list (of Settings tab)
- The screen is redirected to the Lightning component screen. Search for Tab in the search box
- Drag and drop the "Tab" sidebar towards the right-hand side (the place marked in Red in the screenshot)
- Remove the Related tab in the screen which is on the right-hand side below the Save button on the Tabs list
- Click on Details tab and select Custom in the list and name it as Track Time on view or any name you wish
- Click the Done button
- From the search options search for "record_time_on_view" (Please search exactly as mentioned, with the underscore details)
- Drag and drop it in the track time column
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button
- Now the track time component is added to the Project view screen
To activate the Track Time component,
- Click the Activation button which is next to the Save button, you see a pop-up screen of Activation: TT Project Record page
- Go to App Record type and Profile, and click on "Assign to Apps, Record Types and Profiles"
- Select Mobile Time Tracker in the list and click the Next button, click Next again and select Master and click the next button
- Select the specific profiles from the list to show the Track Time lightning component and click the next button
- You see the list of profiles which you have selected, cross-check if the right profiles are select in this screen and click the Save button
- Now the Track Time lightning component is added to the selected profiles. Once the user clicks on a project and is in the Project view page, the Time Tracker automatically starts tracking time for the Project. The hours worked are saved in the TT Details tab.