There are generally 3 types of Volunteer Status in the Volunteers for Salesforce app. They are Web Sign Up, Confirmed, and Completed.
- Web Sign Up: When a Volunteer sign up for a Job/Shift (on V4S Kiosk or V4S Sites pages) the Volunteer Hours Status is set to "Web Sign Up"
- Confirmed: If you assign a Volunteer to a Job/Shift within Volunteers for Salesforce, the volunteer status is set as Confirmed. The volunteer status is set as Confirmed even if the volunteers use the V4S Personal app to sign up for Jobs or Shifts
- Completed: Once the volunteer has finished volunteering in a day the system administrator or the volunteer coordinator can manually change the Volunteer Hours Status from Confirmed to Completed. Once the volunteer status is confirmed the total hours get updated automatically in Salesforce for volunteer. Total hours are useful to know how much time is spent by volunteers on a Job/Shift.
- A scheduler can be created in Salesforce for updating the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed automatically.
Please click here to know more about activating the scheduler for your Salesforce org to auto check-out volunteers and to update the volunteer status. Or follow the instructions from below
Details on Status changes
- The Scheduler will search for the volunteers who have Checked in for a Shift and not Checked out, then the scheduler auto Checks-Out the volunteer considering the Shift end time as Check-Out time and then updates the Volunteer Status from Confirmed to Completed
- The Scheduler does make any changes to the Check-Out time if the volunteer has Checked-Out manually from the Shift
- If the volunteer has Checked-Out manually for the Shift, the Scheduler changes only the volunteer Status
- The Scheduler also updates the Status for Jobs which has Check-in and Check-out Time
Note: The scheduler auto checks out volunteers only for the check-ins made for Shift
The Scheduler does not make any changes for the Check out time or on volunteer Status for Jobs which has only the "Check-in Time" and not "Check-out Time".
The schedule does not auto check-out volunteers because there is no end time for Jobs.