There are 2 types of schedulers and any one type of scheduler can be enabled in the org
- Default scheduler
- Config scheduler
The default/auto Scheduler is an automatic process that executes at a frequency that you can set up. By default, we suggest that you set it up to execute once every day.
The Auto Scheduler does the following:
- If a volunteer has checked in to a Shift but not checked out, then the Auto Scheduler Checks Out the volunteer at the scheduled Shift End time
- If a volunteer has manually checked out, then the Check out time is NOT changed
- For all Volunteer Hours records that have associated timesheet detail records, the Volunteer Hours Status is updated from Web Signup / Confirmed to Completed.
The scheduler auto-calculates the hours from Check-In to Check-Out time and updates the Hours worked for the volunteers. The scheduler ignores the Shift duration and updates the hours worked by the volunteer from Check-In to Check-out time.
- If the Shift is from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Shift duration is 2 hours) and if the volunteer has Checked-In for the same shift at 3.00 p.m. the scheduler auto checks out volunteer at 6.00 p.m.
- The scheduler then updates the hours worked by the volunteer as 3 hours and updates the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed
Click here to know more about activating the default scheduler in your Salesforce org
The config scheduler is the scheduler that auto checks out volunteers according to the Shift duration and updates the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed.
The config scheduler also updates the hours worked by the volunteer as the Shift duration.
- If the Shift is from 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. (Shift duration is 2 hours) and if the volunteer has Checked-In for the same shift at 3.00 p.m. the scheduler auto checks out volunteer at 5.00 p.m. as the shift duration is for 2 hours
- The scheduler then updates the hours worked by the volunteer as 2 hours and updates the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed
Please contact the Salesforce Administrator at your org if you require the config scheduler, and they can inform us (dftly) to active the config scheduler. The config scheduler can be enabled only from the backend.
The dftly team is working to give an option for enabling the config scheduler from the frontend also. This functionality will be enabled in the future releases of the upgraded version of the V4S Mobile app.
Note: The Scheduler works for Shifts that have a Shift End time prior to the scheduler scheduled run time,
Ex: If you have set the Scheduler to execute at 9.00 p.m. the Scheduler will search for Shifts where the Shift End time is before 9.00 p.m. And auto checks out volunteers who have Checked in and not Checked out of Shifts and update the volunteer status from Confirmed to Completed.
Shifts that have an End Time greater than 9.00 p.m., will be considered in the next Scheduler i.e., the next day when the scheduler executes at 9.00 p.m.