To create the TimeTracker Users, you should be logged in to Salesforce as Salesforce Administrator in your Org.
Here is what you need to do to create a new TimeTracker User who will be an Approver:
- Go to the TT Users Tab
- Click on the New button
- Fill all the required details in the User page (fields marked in Red are mandatory fields)
- Select "Approver" from the "User Type" field
- Link the Salesforce User / Salesforce Contact with the TT User (if Contact does not exist, please add new Contact in Salesforce for this TT User)
- Click the Save button
- Now the TimeTracker User is created as an Approver and can approve the Time Entries of the people that report to her.
- Go to the TT Users list. Select the User record for a User who reports to this Approver
- In the Reporting Manager field, select the Approver that you have just set up as the Reporting Manager
- Repeat this for all the TT Users whose time is to be Approved by this Approver.
If the Approver logs into Salesforce, she needs to click on the Time Review tab, and click on the Approvals link to view the Time details of the people that report to her.
If the Approver uses the Time Tracker web app, the approver should click the Pending tab in the left-hand side menu to view the Time Sheet details for all the people that report to her and approve them.
Note: The TT User should either be a Salesforce User OR a Salesforce Contactor in your Org. Adding Salesforce Contact is mandatory as the OTP on Change Password is sent to the Email ID in the Salesforce Contact record. If the Email ID is incorrect for the Salesforce Contact, then the TT User will have problems when they try to reset their TimeTracker password.