The Time Tracker Lightning component for tracking time can be added to Accounts/Contacts/Opportunities/Cases or any other objects that you choose.
Follow the steps listed here to enable the Time Tracker lightning components on the View Pages of the selected objects inside Salesforce and in Salesforce1 Mobile.
The steps detailed here describe how to set up the lightning components on the Projects object. Please follow the same instructions for enabling the lightning component on any object in Salesforce. Please note that you cannot enable the Time Tracker lightning components on the Salesforce Activity, Task and Event objects.
- Go to the Project Detail View page
- Click on Set Up (the gear icon)
- Select Edit Page
- Scroll down the Components list in the left hand column until you see the Custom-Managed components
- Select the Component that you want to enable on the page. Select an insertion point for the component, either in an empty region or before or after another component
- The Activation button will now become Active. Click on the Activation button as in the image below. Select the level at which you want to assign the component
- Next select the Form Factor where you want the component to be assigned to. You can select one of 3 Form factors:
- Desktop and Phone (please select this option if you want the component to be visible both on the desktop and on the mobile
- Now click Next and then Save.
Now the selected time tracker lightning component is visible both on the desktop and on the mobile.
On your mobile device:
- Login to Salesforce1 Mobile
- Go to Projects
- You will see the enabled component as in the following image: