The QR code is automatically generated for Contacts and for the Volunteers automatically in your org.
- Once the Contact is created in Salesforce, a Contact QR code is generated automatically in Salesforce. The QR code is unique for each Contact and can be found on the Contact details page.
- Once a volunteer Signs up for a Job/Shift, the QR Code gets generated for the volunteer. You see the QR code of the signed-up volunteers when you go to the Signed up volunteers details screen (as in the screenshot at the end of this article)
- The Volunteer Hours QR code is a combination of Volunteer Contact and the Job/Shift Salesforce ID that is unique for each volunteer.
Scanning the QR code for Check-In/Out
- If there are no specific Jobs/Shifts in your org and volunteers just walk In any time and volunteer, then the volunteers can use their Contact QR code for Check-In/Out
- If there are Jobs/Shifts that the volunteer's signup,
- You should email the QR code to volunteers every time they signup for a Job/Shift because a new QR code gets generated with a combination of Job/Shift ID and Volunteer name and the QR code is different each time.