There are two types of delegates: a Permanent Delegate and a Vacation Delegate.
- Permanent Delegate: A permanent delegate to a Manager will always have access to the Time Details of the users that report to that Manager and can approve or reject the time details.
- Click here to know more about setting up a Permanent Delegate
- Vacation Delegate: A vacation delegate can see and approve the time details of users reporting to a Manager only when that Reporting Manager is on vacation and has an approved PTO.
- Click here to know more about setting up a Vacation Delegate
Below is an example of an org table on how the Permanent and Vacation delegate works
- Tom Aarons
- Merry Sans
TimeTracker users reporting to Tom Aarons
- Caroline Joseph
- Jack Palmer
- Lilly Thomas
TimeTracker users reporting to Merry Sans
- Mathew Jones
- Marc Wilson
How the Delegates work
- Julia Richard is Reporting Manager to Aaron Diska
- Julia Richard is Permanent Delegate to Tom Aarons, and
- Julia Richard is Vacation Delegate to Merry Sans
- As Julia is reporting Manage for Aaron Diksha, Julia will have access to the time details of Aaron Diksha always. And the Access Type in the Approvals screen shows as "Reporting".
- Julia is a Permanent Delegate to Tom Aarons,
- The user's Caroline Joseph, Jack Palmer, and Lilly Thomas are reporting to Tom Aarons, and because Julia is a Permanent Delegate to Tom Aarons, Julia sees the Time Details of Caroline Joseph, Jack Palmer, and Lily Thomas always in the Approvals screen and can Approve or Reject the time details of these users
- The access Type for the time details of Caroline, Jack Palmer, and Lilly Thomas as "Permanent Delegate" (Perm Del)
- Julia is set as Vacation Delegate for Merry Sans
- Mathew Jones and Marc Wilson are reporting to Merry Sans
- As Merry Sans is on Vacation, Julia can approve the time details of Mathew Jones and Marc Wilson.
- The Access Type is shown as "Vacation Delegate" (Vac Del) for Mathew Jones and Marc Wilson, so Julia knows that Merry Sans is on vacation and should approve the time details for Mathew Jones and Marc Wilson.
By seeing the Access Type, the Delegate will know why they are seeing the Time Details of the users that are not reporting to them.
Click here to know more about the approval process.
Note: The Vacation delegate works only if the Reporting Manager has a PTO Request that is approved
- Click here to know more about requesting a PTO
- Click here to know more about how the Manager approves the PTO